United Airlines is one of the most attractive employers in the aviation industry. You can’t help coming to this conclusion, after encountering the huge numbers of people who express interest in working for this particular airline. Upon further investigation, you come to discover that one of the major attractions to United Airlines (as an employer) is something to do with the benefits that the airline offers to its employees. We will be looking at the key ones: that is, the top five benefits that are available to the employees of United Airlines:
- Solid health insurance cover: this means that the employees of United Airlines don’t have to worry about the financial implications of getting sick, as they (alongside their eligible family members) are well covered. And unlike many other employers who offer their employees a single medical plan under a ‘take it or leave it’ bargain, United Airlines is different in the sense that it gives its employees a variety of plans/options to choose from. By the way, we are not just talking about a basic medical insurance plan. We are also looking at options for dental and vision coverage. United Airlines employees also have access to life insurance, as well as insurance to cover them in case of long-term disability. In a nutshell, United Airlines is one of the few companies that really go out of their way to ensure that their employees are well covered with insurance.
- 401(k): United Airlines happens to be one of those employers who match employee contributions to the 401(k). The idea is to ensure that the employees have a secure retirement in days to come.
- Paid vacation and paid sick off: United Airlines is one of the more sympathetic employers, who express willingness to pay their employees for the days they have to be off work on account of sickness. Besides that, the folks who work for United Airlines can count on periodic paid vacations. As you may be well aware, there are many employers who stopped offering such.
- Cash incentives: these come in the form of bonuses. And there is a huge variety of bonuses to be enjoyed – ranging from the bonuses tied to customer satisfaction to those that are tied to on-time arrival. At United Airlines, there are profit sharing bonuses as well.
- Travel benefits: these mostly come in the form of (significantly) discounted rates on tickets, when the United Airlines employees — and their eligible family members — wish to travel on the airline. There also happens to be the ‘unlimited standby travel’ opportunity, meant to be taken advantage of by United Airlines employees.
- United Airlines website: https://www.united.com/
- United Airlines careers page: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/company/career/default.aspx