As at the end of the year 2015, Delta Air Lines had more than 80,000 employees. Some of these workers are directly involved in the airline’s core operations. Others are in the support departments. Closer examination actually reveals that Delta Air Lines employees fall into 10 specific categories. This is to say, in other words, that people who are interested in working for Delta Air Lines can look for job opportunities in these 10 areas, namely:
- Cargo operations: as the name suggests, the work of the Delta Air Lines employees in this category revolves around cargo. Their brief is to ensure that all matters to do with customers’ cargo are well attended to.
- Ramp operations: this is the category where you find the baggage handlers, and all the other folks whose work is to ensure that Delta Air Lines ramp operations flow smoothly.
- In-flight services: in this category, most of the employees are flight attendants, who ensure that customers are comfortable in the course of Delta Air Lines flights.
- Information technology: in this day and age, a company as big and as complex as Delta Air Lines is expected to have a well-established IT department. The employees in this category undertake computer-related issues for the airline, in support of all the other departments.
- Pilots: these are the aviators who move the planes in Delta Air Lines’ fleet from point to point.
- Technical operations: the work of the Delta Air Lines employees in this category ultimately revolves around a single word: safety. These are the folks who ensure that the planes in Delta Air Lines’ fleet are in a safe condition throughout.
- Gate operations: the Delta Air Lines employees in this category include those who deal with matters to do with ticketing, as well as those who deal with matters to do with airport customer service.
- Flight operations: in this particular category of Delta Air Lines employees, you encounter folks whose main responsibility is to ensure that the flights work out smoothly. These are the folks who plan, coordinate and monitor Delta Air Lines flight-related operations. These, alongside the folks in the ‘technical operations’ category, ensure safety in Delta Air Lines operations.
- Sales: in this category of Delta Air Lines employees, you have the professionals whose work mainly revolves around matters to do with flight reservations.
- Corporate: the employees in this category are the folks who handle Delta Air Lines office operations. The management people are also in this category.
On top of these 10 category, it is also worth noting that every once in a while, Delta Air Lines takes in interns. The lucky interns then get a chance to give their career a head-start in a challenging environment within a well-regarded company.
Delta Air Lines website:
Delta Air Lines careers:
Leave a Reply